Friday, September 10, 2010

Playing Catch-up

Lots to post about the past few days, a lot of which was written during the day in my handy-dandy Behance Action Runner notebook.

Day 7: ALL YOU CAN EAT SUSHI! The most beautiful thing in the world (more on that later)! Had a very nice wandering day. Went to NYU to go to the Chik-Fil-A for breakfast, but Google lied to me and it doesn't exist (I couldn't find it, anyway) so I defaulted to Starbucks (ew).

To end the day, I took an uptown train to the Bronx and met up with my sister to go to Flushing for ALL YOU CAN EAT SUSHI! I think it was ~$20 a head, but for all you can eat sushi, that's pennies. And it obviously isn't the greatest food, though I've paid more and gotten worse.

Day 8: Fashion week is here! A wonderful celebration of women who are both amazingly beautiful as well as skyscraper tall. And Fashion's Night Out is tomorrow, going to be so much fun. Today I failed miserably and went up to Queens to check out Century 21 just to find out that they're closed for Rosh Hashanah (which they decided to post day-of instead of the night before, because they're intelligent like that)

Bloomingdales: Bought 2 shirts (still not entirely sure I'll keep them)




Simon Spurr orange OCBD and Richard Chai short sleeve (my first short sleeved shirt in a very long time, years maybe). Might return the Chai shirt, the deal wasn't that great (ONLY 40% off lol) Also tried on an amazing SS10 Prorsum blazer, not my size, but was really tempted regardless (40% off retail put it just out of my comfortable reach anyway). And a Comme des Garçons windbreaker.



Click on top picture for alternate

Ralph Lauren Men's Store: Such a nice location, the building is beautiful, and I was lucky enough to go on opening day for their top floors, which were remodeled.

I walked around Central Park (just the fringes, to be honest) after that.

Day 10: FNO is here! Missed the opener because I fail at life, but am stil going to try to hit a bunch of the events (113 limited edition Band of Outsiders x Momofuku cookies available for one night only?!). Actually, as I write this in my journal thing, I'm about to head over to the Ace for those very cookies.

I didn't make it for the cookies, by the time I got there, there was a line stretching around the block and I had no desire to wait in it while other events went on. Headed up to 5th Ave.

FNO was interesting, Saks had a ridiculous amount of stuff, but I only went for some free champagne, Bergdorf was best, free Heineken (and Corona, but who would drink that when green bottles are present?) and appearances by Michael Bastian (who was really nice and looked legitimately happy to be there), Thom Browne (who was also great, but is it pretentious to wear head-to-toe of your own stuff?) and I saw him play ping pong with some Olympic silver medalist fencer and later some speed skater.


Thom Browne, looking dapper in.... Thom Browne.





Guess the Olympian!

Simon Spurr was also there and, like Bastian, seemed to be enjoying himself (though I have to admit, his FNO shirt was a kop-out, it just said Simon Spurr and Bergdorf Goodman with a Union Jack and had an $80 retail), Tom Ford was there later, but I didn't stick around to see him. Barney's was pretty boring, a few celebrity stylists who I didn't care about, the design head (at least, I believe that's who it was...) of Prada, and Robert Geller playing ping pong (what is with New Yorkers and celebrity ping pong?) and they only had vitamin water, weak.



Currently sitting at Opening Ceremony - Ace Hotel where somehow the line has actually grown in the past 3 hours. I saw someone who I know from the internet here, wasn't sure of proper protocol. Hate this ridiculous line (written 20 minutes and 10 feet later). There's also a metric shit ton of smokers, headache-mode engaged. It's really unfortunate how many New Yorkers smoke, so many beautiful women have been made resistably unattractive because of one little "accessory."

They closed the doors at 1130 after advertising that they'd be open until 12. Glad I haven't spent money at OC, because I certainly don't plan to now. Terribly rude. If anything, when the clock runs out you let everyone in, you don't say "Sorry, we don't want you." to customers.

Day 11: Didn't do anything all morning, but later went to the Union County Musicfest. Free admission to an OK Go! and Train show? I'm there (The Bravery played as well, but we didn't go to see them).

Postscript: I fucking hate that Google and Blogger accounts share cookies. It's annoying that I have to log in and out of Blogger and GMail ever 2 seconds

No comments:

Post a Comment