Tuesday, May 4, 2010

J'ai vu le soleil

Want to learn how to make a pair of jeans? Check out this thread at superfuture, it is easily the most informative on the topic (and I may eventually post my own steps if I ever get around to starting that hobby up again and buying a new machine)

I've been on hiatus from reading my blogs lately but reading The Fragrance Separate to the Flower (which in itself is a far more beautiful title than could ever come from my brain) I came across this work. I love the pieces in and of themselves and the paper bag medium conjures memories of decorating bags in school for Valentines Day, not that mine were ever even 10% of what she can do with a paper bag.

I've been thinking how unfair it is that girls can wear Zara/H&M and look stunning but I drop $$$ for an under-the-radar wardrobe. I need to change this, starting with a new coat (probably a trench, I have a few bookmarked) and/or cardigan (I'm heavily leaning towards a MJ cashmere one), too bad I don't really have all that much to work with monetarily at the moment and I've yet to secure an off-season job.

Currently listening to: Fences - The Same Tattoos, a hauntingly beautiful song. Saw Fences at Sasquatch! 2009, hasn't gone a week without play on my ipod since. And check out the video for "My Girl the Horse" filmed by my old neighbor Kyle Johnson

(For what it's worth, I don't think this is the best performance of the song)

Oh, and I definitely need to spice up the place, will work on format soon. And I think my next post will by music-oriented, shall be fun

No comments:

Post a Comment